Tabs

8/26/2010

Brady-sitting

My dearly beloved wife, Jessica (aka "JJ" by her family, aka "Stay-Shay" or "Shay-Stay" by Brady), had an appointment at the acupuncturist today and decided to turn it into a much-deserved day to herself. Fortunately I knew this in advance and finished my church work earlier in the week so I could watch Brady while she took the day off. This is the account of my day.

Brady always wants to swing when he arrives at 7:15 am every morning. Lucky for him: 1) it was a cool morning, and 2) his cool uncle Matt was here!
After swinging, we came in, ate eggs, and watched Brady's favorite movie Dumbo (though "favorite" is a very flexible and ever-changing term for Brady). It seems that he was imitating the pint-sized pachyderm.
This was a two-for-one opportunity: work on my to-do list AND have fun with Brady!  Brady loves spraying the "oddertoes" (waterhose).
As you can see, Brady was easily distracted!
What kind of uncle would say, "No Brady...you might hurt yourself"? Not me! "Let boys be boys," I say. And let uncles laugh!! He really didn't hurt himself, though...just got really wet.

After we washed the car, I decided to reward Brady for a job well done (his shirt was soaked from an impromptu water fight after washing the car).

My little buddy started getting tired as he watched cartoons. 

When we left to meet "JJ" for lunch, he was out cold by the time we got out of the driveway.
After lunch, we went to pick up big brother Brock from school. Little did we know that the Starburst package Brady picked out was "Sweet & Sour Starburst." As you can see, he was not a fan of the Sour Apple.
Big brother Brock wanted to prove he could eat a Sour Apple Starburst like a man, not making a sour face.

He fooled us for a minute!
Brock wanted to listen to a CD of a sermon by B.J. Clarke that he found in my backseat (poor guy can't read too well yet). They quickly lost interest. Jack Johnson's "Upside Down," to my surprise,  did not satisfy their longing. Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" got Brock clapping his hands, but Brady requested "ittle Mermaid," so I compromised with "Fireflies" by Owl City.
Upon arriving home, it was swing time, once again!
Both boys eagerly requested Uncle Matt's world-famous "The Batman Fly" (a really, really big push on the swing). He was happy to comply.


The day ended with Brock's discovery of a massive moth near the swing set. For some reason I wanted the poor thing to die in peace and not under Brock's sneakers. Maybe Avatar did something to me...
And that's the end. Now for a nice evening with my beloved.

1 comment:

  1. Ohmystars. I love this post. Partly because I like looking at pictures (Brady's face after the sour apple is classic), and partly cuz you are AWESOME with the kids!

    I'm so glad you had fun and do cool uncle things.

    Maybe Avatar DID change you...hippie. That's why I refuse to watch it! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...