Tabs

9/28/2010

Through the fog

This morning on my way to work there was an incredible fog. I could hardly see as I pulled into Sam’s to get gas. In fact, I had to roll my window down and stick my head out Ace Ventura-style to be safe before I pulled into the parking lot. The fog continued as I drove my usual course “the back way” to the office. But then I turned onto Co Rd 23 and it was like the lights came on. This is normally one of my favorite parts of the drive, but this morning was especially great...fog hovering over the water to my right, fog circling the hills just ahead, but right above that was blinding light. It was like God was welcoming me into the day after having passed through the fog.

Sometimes I wonder if God is hiding right behind a thin veil, that I can almost see him if I look hard enough. I wonder how Adam felt walking with God. Perhaps that is what the new creation will bring. Earth was good but sin messed everything up. Maybe that “thin veil” is our sin which, like a "spiritual cataract," that blinds us to his presence. Like the picture above (which I took last week), there is a mask that hides him from us. One day it will be removed.
marana tha
e¶rcou ku/rie ∆Ihsouv

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...