Tabs

7/11/2010

She & Him + Sloss Furnace = Awesome

Jessica, the Cortezes, and I had a blast at the She & Him concert last night at Sloss Furnace. Great friends, great conversations, great music, and a great venue (very hot, though). Here's an old picture I found of the factory where the concert was held.
It doesn't look like much but...well, it ain't. It has changed a little from the time this picture was taken (at least the grounds around the barn-looking-thing have changed). We had no idea what it would be like but it was very fun. We'll know to get there early next time for the coveted spots above the railing. Otherwise it's just standing.

The opening act was the Chapin Sisters. We missed the first song or so but were impressed. Zooey came out to sing harmony with the sisters (she's quite the talented lass--vocals, keyboard, and ukulele) and then left, returning later with M. Ward and the backup band for an awesome show. My favorite song may have been their cover of The Beach Boys, "Wouldn't It Be Nice." For a much better review, check out this blog.

Photography was difficult with the guards doing body searches for digital cameras but my handy iPhone managed to get one photo that is semi-discernable.
The little blur in the front is Zooey:)

Afterward, it was to Yogurt Mountain! Always a great way to end an evening.

2 comments:

  1. i loved it! it was the best concert ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Beach boys song, I bet it was a good cover. Glad ya'll had fun without me. I know it was hard! :)

    p.s. I gave you props for the group photo on J. Crowe's blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...