Tabs

11/16/2010

iTunes Announcement

Yesterday Apple's home page had a cryptic message: "Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget." Pretty big teaser, right?

With a teaser like that I thought it would be some revolutionary iPod the size of a fingernail that does your taxes or something. But this was the announcement:
I like the Beatles. This is pretty cool. But I'm having a hard time understanding what the big deal about this is. Who doesn't have half the Beatles' songs already on his mp3 or laptop? My thinking: Apple finally got the rights to sell the Beatles' music so they're making up for lost time. 

As the ever delightful Jo Bennett told Michael Scott and Jim Halpert: "You can't give me gravy and call it jell-o 'cuz gravy ain't sweet." I don't see what's so exciting about this other than a fat paycheck for some folks at Apple.

On another note, it is very impressive that the Beatles continue to sell decades after they disbanded. They truly were a historic band. Maybe that's what all this is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...