Tabs

11/05/2010

New Books

After listening to Craig Evans at the Legacy Bible Conference last week, I checked out his book display and grabbed a couple that caught my eye.

I had seen this book a few months ago at B&N but decided not to get it then. It has three chapters and 107 pages of text, which would make for a nice, brief read, but I decided against it because I had already read Surprised by Hope by N. T. Wright and thought the third chapter of the present book, "The Surprise of Resurrection" by Wright would be much of the same stuff. However, after listening to Evans I was intrigued basically bought the book for Evans' chapter on the burial of Jesus. This was the subject of one of his lectures that I was not able to attend.
 Since I also missed Evans' lecture on the Dead Sea Scrolls (which I really wanted to hear) I picked up his book on it! This is a handy guide to the DSS with great color maps, photos, and illustrations. I just heard that a new book on the Dead Sea Scrolls has just been released in the UK and will soon be released in the US. Conveniently, it is going to be reviewed at SBL this year so perhaps I can drop by and hear a scholarly exchange on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...