Tabs

5/13/2010

Best Line in "A Fistful of Dollars"


As you may know, this blog is about "the Bible, motorcycles, and Clint Eastwood." Seeing as how it's partially about Clint Eastwood, I thought it may be good if I actually post something about him.

I watched "A Fistful of Dollars" the other night. The best line in the movie is the scene where he enters town and the Baxter boys shoot at the feet of his horse, making it run off wildly with "the Man with No Name" on him. He walks back up to the Baxter boys and asks them to apologize for scaring his horse. When they start to laugh, he says,
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. Gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it...
They stop laughing, reaching for their guns, when the Man with No Name shoots all four of them in a couple of seconds. He immediately earns his tough guy reputation.

Sweet. It isn't exactly a Christian example of "turning the other cheek" or "resist not evil," but it sure let them know who's in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...