Tabs

5/24/2010

In the Mail

Getting mail is awesome enough, but getting books in the mail....now you're talking! I ordered a bunch of books for my summer classes, some of which have arrived! Just to share the fun, here is what came in the mail, grouping them into books for each class:

Readings in Ancient Near Eastern Literature

My OT professor usually requires a lot of books, but half of these fall under "recommended books." Since I know nothing about ANE literature, I took the plunge and bought them (most of them are old and used, thus cheap). 

The Gospel of John

  • Craig Blomberg, The Historical Reliability of John's Gospel: Issues and Commentary (Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press, 2001).
  • D. A. Carson, The Gospel of John (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1991). I'm already loving this commentary...D.A. Carson (though Calvinist) is an incredible scholar and intellectual giant. Everything I've read or heard by him is golden (except his exegesis of John 3:3 and his views on the sovereignty of God).
  • F. F. Bruce, The Gospel of John (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1983). Again, F.F. Bruce. Need I say more? 

And would you believe I still have a couple more to come?! I can't wait to tear into them!

**Jessica, I totally took this picture Saturday and claim full originality for the idea. Though your post and pictures were much better, I just had to get that out. Spanks.

4 comments:

  1. I was fixin' to say...stop copying your pretty wife! Jk.

    I like these pictures of books. It makes me want to take some of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are the coolest. Pictures of books just make you feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm jealous of all those packages filled with books that you've been getting in the mail. i wish the mailman would show me some love:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean, mailLADY. Or mailWOMAN. Or mailPERSON.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...