Tabs

10/04/2010

Lame Church Signs


Har dee har har.

If I ever put up a marquee sign like this, please punch me.

I used to be into the "thought-provoking" church marquee sayings, but then I realized that most of them probably sound quite lame to non-Christians who aren't familiar with church lingo. 

So I decided several months ago simply to put Bible verses on our church marquee. After all, God is must more creative and poignant than I am.

I mean, what do you think is more likely to move a passerby: 
"Go to church or the devil will get you"
"Don't get depressed, come get blessed!"
OR
"Come unto me all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest"
Here in the southeast,  I think churches compete for the corniest sayings. In my opinion, these trite signs do more to disgust non-Christians with the superficial Christianity that many churches offer than attract them to the life-changing power of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...