Tabs

10/26/2010

NT Pod...back in black!

Mark Goodacre, one of my favorite "podcasters," is back to publishing new podcasts of his NT Pod after a short break. I subscribed to his podcast in iTunes and didn't even realize until a couple days ago that he had updated a couple weeks ago then, lo and behold, my synced iPod contained another podcast.

I'm always looking for good brain food for my commute to work and, since reading while driving tends to land me in the ditch, listening to podcasts, sermons, audiobooks, etc. is a nice alternative.

Dr. Goodacre is a professor at Duke University, operator of the resourceful NT Gateway, and his podcasts are quite refreshing, being "all about the New Testament and Christian origins." They are generally about 10 minutes long (not too long and not too short) and are full of good info. Mark's cool British accent helps, too.

The latest podcast I heard asks, "Was Paul the founder of Christianity?" Dr. Goodacre examines both sides of the debate (something I appreciate) and comes down with "no" for several good reasons.

Podcast 42 asks if Paul thought Jesus was the pre-existent Son of God. I'll save that one for the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...